The care you take of your skin has a direct impact on its appearance. Modern environmental pollutants, UV exposure, and the simple process of aging all impact the appearance of the skin. Countering these things with a professional-grade skincare regimen can slow or even prevent some of the worst damage, helping to keep the skin healthy, soft, and glowing year-round.
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, we have opted to carry products from SkinMedica®, a company whose products are rooted in science and formulated to prevent and correct several common skin concerns. Available as stand-alone options or to help you maintain cosmetic results, the SkinMedica® products we carry can be combined to produce specific results, regardless of skin type.
If you are curious to learn which SkinMedica® products would be best for your needs, please call Advanced Cosmetic Surgery at 913-341-2188 and schedule a consultation today. Located in Overland Park, our board-certified plastic surgeon and team of cosmetic professionals are here to listen to your concerns and help you reach all of your aesthetic goals.
SkinMedica® Products at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
We carry a comprehensive line of SkinMedica® products:
- Gentle Facial Cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and impurities without over-drying the skin
- Alpha Hydroxy/Beta Hydroxy Exfoliating Cleanser to gently exfoliate the skin and improve tone and texture
- Vitamin C & E Complex to defend against free radicals, brighten and lighten the skin, and improve tone and texture
- Instant Bright Eyes to reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffy skin, and fine lines around and underneath the eyes
- Retinol .25 and Retinol .5 to enhance skin tone and texture, improve skin resilience, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Scar Recovery Gel to soften scars and reduce their appearance
- TNS® Advanced + Serum to reduce skin laxity, diminish wrinkles and lines, and improve skin tone and texture. This is the only growth factor product that is proven to address skin laxity
- HA5® to improve moisture retention and immediately diminish fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Rejuvenative Moisturizer to nourish and hydrate the skin for a more rejuvenated appearance
- Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer a non-comedogenic moisturizer designed to improve the overall appearance of the skin
- Essential Defense Mineral Shield SPF 35 a full-spectrum, sheer, lightweight, mineral (nontoxic) sunscreen formulated for all skin types, even the most sensitive
Schedule a Consultation Today
In addition to these products, we carry the Lytera® 2.0 Advanced Pigment Correcting System, designed to address photodamage and hyperpigmentation and formulated to prevent their reoccurrence. This system is comprised of six SkinMedica® products, each necessary for optimal results. These are:
- Lytera® 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum
- Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 34
- Retinol Complex 0.5
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- AHA/BHA Cream
- Rejuvenative Moisturizer
During your time in our care, we would be happy to help you find the product or combination of products best suited for your needs. Please use the contact form on this page or call us today to schedule your visit.
Schedule a Consultation Today
What Conditions Can Be Improved With SkinMedica® Products?
The entire line of SkinMedica® products ensures that patients have the ability to achieve clearer, healthier, and more youthful-looking skin. Dr. Levi J. Young of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery recommends many of their products for patients who have a wide range of issues with their skin that they would like to improve. Some of the more common skin concerns that can be improved with SkinMedica® products include, but are not limited to:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage and sun protection
- Dull skin
- Skin texture and tone
- Acne and blemishes
- Aging skin
- Poor skin elasticity and sagging
Why Choose SkinMedica® Products?
There are many reasons why Dr. Levi J. Young of Leawood, KS, will recommend SkinMedica® products to his patients. SkinMedica® was developed by a dermatologist with extensive knowledge of the aging process and how skin healing and recovery work. In addition, continued research helps us better understand the science of skin, and various growth factors are improving the way we approach our skin's health and wellness. SkinMedica® has patented TNS(r), or Tissue Nutrient Solution, a revolutionary growth factor technology that is helping slow the signs of aging. SkinMedica® continues to research antioxidants, growth factors, peptides, and other ingredients to integrate into their topical products to ensure results.
Who Founded SkinMedica®?
The SkinMedica® brand of products was developed and founded by renowned dermatologist Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick and a co-founder looking to develop an effective way of slowing the natural process of aging and allowing the skin to maintain a more youthful look while healing and improving within. He is a pioneer in the science of skin rejuvenation, and created the brand, which was released in 1999. SkinMedica® continues to be a reliable, transformative line of skin care products proven to be successful in enhancing the skin's health and appearance.
What Awards and Accolades Have SkinMedica® Products Received?
Many of the popular SkinMedica® skincare products have received accolades and awards, including the following:
- InStyle Best Beauty Buys
- NewBeauty Awards
- Best of Beauty Award Winners from Allure
- Bydrie Skincare Awards
- Shape Skin Awards
Which SkinMedica® Product Is Right for Me?
When you speak with our team at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, we can thoroughly evaluate your skin and talk to you about specific imperfections that you would like to improve. Then, our provider can make a recommendation in regards to the best product or combination of SkinMedica® products to help you reach your skincare goals. We find that many patients who have tried over-the-counter skincare products can't always see the results they desire, and this is the point when medical-grade products such as SkinMedica® may provide the changes and improvements patients strive for.
Where Can I Obtain SkinMedica® Products in the Leawood, KS Area?
Dr. Levi J. Young of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery is a provider in the Leawood, KS, area and is pleased to offer many of the popular SkinMedica® product lines. These medical-grade skincare products are not available at regular department and drug stores and must be obtained by a professional. We encourage you to connect with us if you are interested in learning more about SkinMedica® products or obtaining refills of your currently used SkinMedica® products.
Chemical Peels from SkinMedica®
In addition to at-home skincare products from SkinMedica®, we offer chemical peels from this trusted and science-based company as well. Peels from SkinMedica® that are available at our office include:
- Illuminize® an incredibly gentle peel that can improve overall skin appearance
- Vitalize® a mild peel designed to address fine lines, deep wrinkles, and textural roughness
- Rejuvenize™ a medium-strength peel designed to address fine lines, deep wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities, and other skin imperfections
Some peels require downtime while others allow for an immediate return to normal. The best way to learn which peel will meet your needs is through a one-on-one consultation at the Leawood office of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery.
Contact Dr. Young For SkinMedica® In Leawood, KS!
To schedule a consultation at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, please call 913-341-2188 today.You can also fill out the form in our contact page for a one-on-one appointment with Dr. Levi J. Young!. We welcome patients from Olathe, Lawrence, Kansas City, and all surrounding areas of Kansas and Missouri.