Surgical procedures can have a profound impact on your appearance, but surgery is neither suitable nor attractive for all patients. At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of non-surgical treatments that can be used – alone or in specifically tailored combinations – to help you reach your goals.
If you would like to learn what a non-surgical cosmetic treatment may be able to help you accomplish, please use the contact form on this page or call our Leawood office at (913) 341-2188 to schedule a consultation today.
What People Say About Us!
"Dear Dr. Young and staff, thank you so much for the awesome consultation, information, and experience. I left feeling hopeful and renewed. Your staff was awesome and I truly felt like family. This is something you do not feel in other offices and this meant so much to me. I thank you again so much."
Click here to read more reviews
Our Non-Surgical Services
Non-surgical services available through our office include:
- Neuromodulators. BOTOX® Cosmetic can smooth fine lines and deep wrinkles across the forehead, in between the eyebrows, and next to the eyes. It can also be used to address pebbly chin, skin laxity along the jaw, and neck bands
- Dermal Fillers. We offer fillers from the JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® families to address sunken skin, eliminate deep wrinkles, add volume to the face, and augment the lips
- Laser Skin Resurfacing. We utilize the ResurFX™ laser to remove age and sun spots, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduce pore size, and more. This treatment can also be used to address skin laxity and remove both acne and surgical scars
- IPL Photofacial. Intense Pulsed Light therapy can eliminate fine lines, freckles and sun spots, spider veins, broken capillaries, and hyperpigmentation
- Microneedling. We use the SkinPen® to remove fine lines, deep wrinkles, acne scars, and stretch marks from nearly any area of the body
- Chemical Peel. We offer light and medium-depth chemical peels to improve skin tone and texture, address acne, eliminate pre-cancerous growths, and reduce signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles
- Laser Hair Removal. Safer than shaving and more comfortable than waxing, laser hair removal can eliminate hair from the face, back, chest, arms, pubis, and more
In addition to these advanced cosmetic treatments, we offer dermaplaning and carry a wide selection of SkinMedica® skincare products that can help keep your skin hydrated, healthy, and attractive in between treatments.
Contact Us Today
How Long do Med Spa Treatment Results Last?
Med spa treatments can last for several weeks to several months, depending on the service that has been performed. For example, the wrinkle relaxer BOTOX will soften fine lines and deep wrinkles for three to four months, while laser skin resurfacing can do the same for 18 months or more. The best way to determine how long your results might last is through a consultation with one of our experienced med spa staff.
Why Choose a Plastic Surgery Practice for Med Spa Services?
Med spa services are available at several locations, but not all will offer the same patient care, provider experience, or predictable outcomes. Choosing a practice that a board-certified plastic surgeon oversees means selecting a provider who you know has the background, experience, and dedication to help ensure the most pleasing outcomes. Plastic surgery practices are held to a much higher standard than beauty salons and day spas and often offer a better patient experience.
Are all Med Spa Treatments Non-Invasive?
All med spa treatments are non-surgical. Some are slightly invasive. For example, chemical peel and laser skin resurfacing remove upper layers of skin and require a slight recovery period, though it will be much shorter than recovery from surgery. However, other treatments are less intense and do not require any time to recover. During your initial consultation, Dr. Young will evaluate your concerns, discuss various treatment options, and help you choose the least invasive but most effective option for your needs.
How Long Does it Take to Recover Following a Med Spa Treatment?
Recovery following a med spa treatment will vary depending on the testament that has been performed. Some treatments, such as chemicals peel, may take seven to 14 days to recover fully, while others, like dermal fillers, require no downtime. We will provide detailed aftercare instructions to help reduce any downtime you may experience following your med spa treatment.
Will I Need Multiple Treatments to Achieve Results?
Maintaining results from a med spa treatment will require touch-ups. How frequently these need to occur depends on factors such as your age, the treatment being performed, the issues being addressed, and the care you take of your skin and general health. When you come to us for a med spa service, we will help you determine how often you should visit to ensure the most pleasing and long-lasting results.
Contact Us Today!
If you are interested in any of our non-surgical services, we encourage you to call our office at (913) 341-2188 and schedule a consultation today. Located in Overland Park, we welcome patients from Kansas City and all surrounding areas of Kansas and Missouri. Non-surgical procedures performed at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery are overseen by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Levi Young.