Dermal fillers, alternately known as facial fillers, are used to add volume to areas of the skin impacted by signs of aging. While formulated differently, dermal fillers are intended to address fine lines, deep wrinkles, and sunken-in areas of the face such as cheeks. Some fillers can also address skin laxity, add volume to lips, and smooth skin on the décolletage and hands.
Nonsurgical, well-tolerated, and incredibly effective, dermal fillers can produce a softer, more youthful, and more attractive appearance after just one treatment. We offer a range of fillers at our Leawood office, enabling Dr. Young to select the appropriate formulation for each need. During your initial consultation, Dr. Young will listen to your concerns, assess your problem areas, and suggest the treatment best suited to yours.
Please call Advanced Cosmetic Surgery at 913-341-2188 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Young today.
Hyaluronic acid is the active ingredient in all JUVÉDERM fillers. Found naturally in connective tissue throughout the body, hyaluronic acid works to gently add volume by assisting the skin in retaining water moisture. Effective and safe, these fillers produce both immediate and gradual results that can last for several months.
JUVÉDERM fillers available through our office include:
- JUVÉDERM Ultra XC. This filler is used to add volume to the lips and to address moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM Ultra XC can produce results for up to one year
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC. This filler is used to add volume to the lips and to soften “lipstick” lines around the mouth. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC can produce results for up to one year
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC. This filler is used to address moderate to severe facial wrinkling and folds throughout the lower and midface. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC can produce results for up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC. This filler is used to address midface (cheeks) volume loss and skin laxity. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC can produce results for up to 24 months
Through April 30th, save $100 on a syringe of Restylane DEFYNE or REFYNE with the purchase of a Dysport treatment.
Restylane® fillers utilize hyaluronic acid to add volume to the face, décolletage, and hands. Fillers from the Restylane family that are offered by Dr. Young include:
- Restylane DEFYNE. This filler is used to eliminate moderate to severe laugh lines. Restylane DEFYNE can produce results for up to 12 months
- Restylane KYSSE. This filler is used to add volume to the lips and address wrinkling around the mouth. Restylane KYSSE can produce results for up to nine months
- Restylane LYFT. This filler addresses skin laxity on the chin, along the jawline, in the cheeks, and on the bridge of the nose. LYFT was the first dermal filler approved for treating wrinkles and skin laxity on the back of the hands. Restylane LYFT can produce results for up to 12 months
- Restylane REFYNE. This filler addresses smile and laugh lines around the lips and mouth. Restylane REFYNE can produce results for 18 months
- Restylane SILK. This filler adds volume to the lips and addresses wrinkles around the mouth. The very first lip augmentation filler approved by the FDA, Restylane SILK can produce results for up to six months
Are Dermal Fillers Painful?
Both Restylane and JUVÉDERM products contain lidocaine to help improve patient comfort, but neither family of products will require a recovery period. In fact, a vast majority of patients are able to receive treatment and immediately resume normal activities.
Some swelling, redness, and bruising are possible in the days following treatment. Proper skin care, which will be covered in full during your time in our care, will assist with any temporary discomfort.
Candidates for Dermal Fillers
The best candidates for dermal fillers are men and women who are unhappy with the way aging, environmental factors, and genetics have changed their appearance. If you struggle with moderate to severe facial wrinkling, skin laxity, or similar issues related to volume loss, you may be the ideal candidate. The best way to find out is through a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Young.
Nonsurgical and minimally invasive, fillers are a safe choice for many of our patients. During your consultation, Dr. Young will assess your medical history and other relevant information to help you determine if dermal fillers are the best fit for your needs.
A Note on Neuromodulators
Neuromodulators like BOTOX® Cosmetic are not dermal fillers. Dermal fillers add volume, neuromodulators relax tense muscles. Each treatment is perfect for its purpose, but neither is ideal for every patient. Dr. Young is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine which nonsurgical method of facial rejuvenation is right for your needs.
Contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
To schedule your initial consultation at our Leawood office, please use the contact form on this page or call us at 913-341-2188. Our board-certified plastic surgeon welcomes women and men from Kansas City, Olathe, Leawood, and nearby areas of Kansas and Missouri.
No records found for searched term. Please try a different search term.