Chemical peels are a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of the skin. Nonsurgical, peels can address a number of skin conditions, revealing a soft, smooth, and blemish-free appearance. If you are unhappy with the way aging, environmental factors, genetics, and lifestyle choices have impacted your skin, you may be the ideal candidate for a chemical peel. The best way to find out is through a one-on-one consultation at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery.
Please call 913-341-2188 to schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Levi Young today. Located in Overland Park, we welcome women and men from all surrounding areas of Kansas and Missouri.
What Conditions Can a Chemical Peel Treat?
Chemical peels are applied topically where they work to exfoliate the skin, stimulate collagen production, and improve a number of skin conditions, including:
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Sun and age spots
- Rough and patchy texture
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Keratosis pilaris
- Pre-cancerous growths
- Surgical and trauma scars
- Certain types of acne
- General skin dullness
Chemical peels are largely safe for all skin types, though there may be certain skin type/condition combinations that will not respond well to this treatment. The best way to learn if a peel would be right for your needs is through a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Young.
Types of Chemical Peel
There are three depths of chemical peel:
- Light Chemical Peel. A light peel will exfoliate the top layer of skin and is suitable for minor and surface imperfections. Light chemical peels require very little downtime and can be repeated every two to six weeks for maintenance
- Medium Chemical Peel. A medium peel will exfoliate the top and middle layers of skin. It is suitable for mild to moderate skin conditions including deep wrinkles and acne scars. Recovery from a Medium chemical peel may take up to 14 days. The procedure can be repeated every four to six months
- Deep Chemical Peel. A deep peel removes the top and middle layers of skin along with some of the lower layers of the dermis. Designed for more pronounced skin conditions, deep chemical peels address wrinkles, precancerous skin growths, and similar concerns. Initial recovery from a deep peel can take 14 days or longer, with residual redness lasting for several months. This procedure can only safely be performed one time
Chemical Peels at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
We offer SkinMedica® and Vitality Institute (VI) peels. These advanced, trusted, and effective brands offer a range of peels, enabling women and men with all skin types and tones to benefit from treatment.
SkinMedica peels include:
- Illuminize®. This gentle peel is entirely superficial and requires absolutely no downtime. It is very effective at restoring a uniform complexion even after just one use. This peel can be performed every two weeks
- Vitalize®. A mild peel designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles, and skin roughness, Vitalize requires a short recovery period during which the skin will peel, but most people are able to resume normal activities within 24 hours. This peel may require three to six treatments for optimal results. Treatments can safely be performed every three to four weeks
- Rejuvenize™. A medium peel for moderate to severe skin imperfections, Rejuvenize addresses fine lines, deep wrinkles, and pigmentation irregularities. This retinol-based peel requires a short recovery period and ideal results may require three to six treatments, spaced four to five months apart
The Vitality Institute offers a number of specially-formulated medium-depth chemical peels. Among these are:
- VI Peel. The original VI Peel addresses rough skin, early signs of aging, and keratosis pilaris. Safe for all skin types, the VI Peel typically produces results within seven days
- Purify. For oily, acne-prone skin, the Purify peel is often ideal. This peel clears pores, eliminates acne bacteria, and smooths redness and inflammation within seven days of treatment. It is safe for all skin types
- Precision Plus. Hyperpigmentation, melasma, sun damage, and textural issues are all addressed with the Precision Plus peel from VI. Safe for all skin types, this peel promotes rapid cell turnover and can produce results within one week
- Advanced. This peel addresses fine lines and deep wrinkles, loss of elasticity, and rough skin texture. The Advanced peel from VI penetrates mature skin deeply to stimulate collagen production and produce lasting results
As with all medium chemical peels, it may take more than one treatment with a VI peel to achieve ideal results. During your time in our care, we will discuss this with you in greater detail to help you determine how many sessions you will need to reach your goals.
Contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
To learn if a chemical peel is the best fit for your needs, please call Advanced Cosmetic Surgery at 913-341-2188. We serve Kansas City and all surrounding areas from our office in Overland Park.
No records found for searched term. Please try a different search term.