Body contouring procedures restore definition to the frame by removing lumpy fat deposits and loose and sagging skin. In some cases, a single body contouring procedure will create ideal contours on its own, addressing just one specific area of the body. In others, a combination of techniques is more suitable, enabling the correction of multiple parts of the body during a single surgical procedure.
Popular body contouring options at our Leawood office include:
- Liposuction. Liposuction removes stubborn fat deposits. It can be used on any area of the body with excess fat.
- Abdominoplasty. Tummy tuck surgery removes loose and sagging skin from the midsection. Full abdominoplasty also reattaches separated abdominal muscles to address diastasis recti and improve the contours of the waist.
- Brachioplasty. Arm lift surgery improves the upper arm's contours by removing excess fat and sagging skin.
- Male Breast Reduction. Gynecomastia surgery restores a masculine appearance to male chests through fat and tissue removal.
These stand-alone options are incredibly effective at improving the appearance of the treatment area. They are also commonly used in combination with other lift, tuck, and breast procedures for more comprehensive transformations such as:
- Post-Weight Loss Body Contouring. This may include a combination of lower body lift with abdominoplasty, liposuction, and breast reduction surgery.
- Post-Pregnancy Body Contouring. The mommy makeover combines body procedures with breast enhancement and vaginal rejuvenation to restore a firm, lifted, and youthful appearance after multiple pregnancies.
Why Contour in the Winter?
Even the least invasive body contouring procedure will require a recovery period. It can take several weeks before the swelling subsides and outdoor activities, like swimming, bicycling, and jogging become more pleasant.
Choosing to have your procedure done in the cooler winter months allows you to take your downtime while the air is cold and the evenings are dark – enabling you to be fully recovered in time for spring. If you have been considering a procedure, now is a great time to get in touch with Dr. Young to discuss your problems, learn about possible solutions, and take steps toward achieving your goals.
Please call Advanced Cosmetic Surgery at 913-341-2188 to schedule a body contouring consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon. We serve Kansas City, Overland Park, and all nearby areas of Kansas and Missouri.