Liposuction permanently removes stubborn deposits of fat from the body. It does not, however, stimulate skin tightening following fat removal.
Having good skin elasticity works to counter the loose skin that can remain after liposuction. But even patients with otherwise tight skin may need additional procedures to heighten results.
Dr. Levi Young offers advanced liposuction options that help to remove fat deposits thoroughly. During your initial consultation, he will carefully assess your problem areas to determine if liposuction alone or in combination with another option will be ideal for your specific needs.
Lift and Tuck Procedures
Liposuction removes the bulky fat deposits that obscure the frame and create a soft, ill-defined, uneven appearance. Lift and tuck procedures reposition underlying tissue and eliminate loose and sagging skin to restore a toned and attractive look. As such, these procedures are often the ideal complement to liposuction surgery.
Procedures that may enhance your liposuction results include:
- Abdominoplasty. Also known as a tummy tuck, abdominoplasty tightens stomach muscles and removes droopy skin from the midsection to draw in the waist and improve definition
- Arm lift. Batwings, the droopy skin that hangs off of the triceps, are removed with arm lift surgery, helping to restore visible musculature and produce a more youthful look and feel
- Thigh lift. Upper thigh lift creates optimal symmetry and the most impressive upper leg definition
Sometimes, a combination of lift, tuck, and liposuction is needed to produce the best outcomes. Popular options include:
- Lower body lift, which enhances the belly, buttocks, hips, and thighs
- Post-weight-loss body contouring, which typically includes liposuction along with lower body lift, abdominoplasty, and breast reduction
- Mommy makeover, which combines body and breast procedures to address the many ways pregnancy and nursing change the body
Dr. Young is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has honed his skills over years of practice to create and implement advanced techniques that help improve patient comfort and outcomes. During your initial consultation, he will carefully evaluate your areas of concern and provide information about all of your treatment options to ensure you are selecting the best solutions for your needs.
If you are considering a body contouring procedure or would like additional information about what liposuction can do for you, please call Advanced Cosmetic Surgery at 913-341-2188 to schedule your initial consultation today. Located in Leawood, we welcome patients from Kansas City, Overland Park, and all nearby areas.